The bubble anemone decided to move a bit, and ended up stinging
and killing an Acropora and Seriatopora frag. I had to rearrange
some rocks to give the anemone more space.
The Mag Drive pump on the calcium reactor stalled, and it
turns out that the sockets that the impeller sits in are worn.
I had to wrap the impeller's rubber tips with teflon tape
to keep the impeller from wobbling and sticking to the motor
housing. It's working for now, but I'll probably have to get
a new pump eventually.
The sally lightfoot seems to have grown big enough to kill
her tankmates. I think I lost the male banded coral shrimp,
and I just caught the crab killing one of my wathman gobies.
It sucks that two mated pairs have been reduced to singles
in one weekend!
I finally managed to catch the sally lightfoot after two
days. It never fell for any of the traps I set, but I managed
to pin it against the glass one morning and scoop it out by
hand. It now lives in the refugium.
The dendronepthya started going downhill when I slightly
changed the position of the Gemini pump. It's probably just
a coincidence; I guess it was just a matter of time before
it started fading away.
The bubble tip anemone started getting too big and stinging
the surrounding corals. I finally had to remove it after several
acropora colonies were killed, and donated the anemone to
Cal State Northridge's wet lab. I replaced it with two smaller
I finally had the water tested, and everything was fine
except for phosphates. Added a bag of Phosban to the sump.